Service & Engagement Denim trade in, yikes!

I’m hoping this will work because the teacher 20% has been really hit or miss. It hasn’t worked for about 60-70% of the time. Yes, we make sure they are verified. Anyway, I shudder to think of the nasty denim stuff we will be dealing with.

Isn't it just thrown in a gaylord box? And the QR code on the box is scanned into the Target app?

I wouldn't imagine TMs would need to handle/touch any of it.

How about explaining what this is all about, we're not mind readers.
Sounds disgusting. How the hell is a grungy old pair of jeans worth anything?

Google is our friend.

Last edited:
Missed the point. Happens frequently. I am referencing paying those insane prices for a pair of jeans. Nobody with any brains would pay 2,500 for old levi's. Discounting the uber green better for the planet nonsense.

Missed the point. Happens frequently. I am referencing paying those insane prices for a pair of jeans. Nobody with any brains would pay 2,500 for old levi's. Discounting the uber green better for the planet nonsense.
Yes it does happen frequently with you because you don't quote anyone.

Anything that reduces waste is a good thing and not at all nonsense. Why throw away a perfectly good pair of jeans? Much better to donate. $2500 is indeed an insane price though, lol.

The ones that are going for that kind of price are not just average ones that folks wore in the 60s.
They are ones that the miners wore in the Gold Rush.
That makes them historic artifacts rather than wearable clothing.

How heavy is a gaylord full of denim?

A standard pair of jeans weighs a little over a pound.
The Gaylords can hold up to 1500 pounds.

Three pairs of jeans will fit in a space 8h x 13w x 15d inches.
I will let you do the math on how much that fits in a Gaylord.

Last edited:
I was off yesterday. No sweep. There are approx 6 pairs of jeans in the box (4 pairs in a Target bag so 2-4 guests have contributed so far). It's 10:15 am Monday. I'd be surprised if we fill a whole box

My biggest hangup with this event is clothing is an item that already has a place to send it when you are done with it- thrift stores/donations. At least with car seats, having an event makes sense because otherwise it would end up in a landfill. Why would I bring in clothing for an event that will turn it into something else instead of donating it where someone could still have a use for it as-is?

The only reason anyone is bringing denim in is for the coupon. And Target regularly has better deals than 20% off so it's not that exciting.

I was off yesterday. No sweep. There are approx 6 pairs of jeans in the box (4 pairs in a Target bag so 2-4 guests have contributed so far). It's 10:15 am Monday. I'd be surprised if we fill a whole box
I think in my store the "denim box" was damaged in shipping so I guess we will use a Gaylord.

My biggest hangup with this event is clothing is an item that already has a place to send it when you are done with it- thrift stores/donations. At least with car seats, having an event makes sense because otherwise it would end up in a landfill. Why would I bring in clothing for an event that will turn it into something else instead of donating it where someone could still have a use for it as-is?

The only reason anyone is bringing denim in is for the coupon. And Target regularly has better deals than 20% off so it's not that exciting.
I agree with this, it should be minimum 30% off.

Our denim box is literally just a box that those sterlite plastic containers show up in. So far, no donations

Willing to bet these get sorted and the ones not totally worthless (totally ripped/holes etc.) Are sold to third world countries for a premium. Not actually broken down and "recycled"
This honestly makes me wonder what happens to all the guest facing electronics recycling that happens, like where does it go after the CRC? My store doesn't do any of this, so I'm clueless

Back