Insta post. Check it out

Yeah, why is he surprised they wouldn't talk to him?
They probably got their asses chewed out because of his videos and the cleaning up he did.
They have clearly lost any and all fucks they had to give.
Probably had no staff all weekend and were told to just make do.
Influencers can do great things.
This ain't it kid.

There's only enough payroll to go around. Our shoe section in particular can look even worse than that because all our Canadian "guests" rip open the boxes and leave them laying around so they don't have to declare those purchases on the way back.

When there are no consequences for guests behaving like that, they'll just keep doing it.

Thats a joke right? The situation is clearly unnacceptable and the only way Target will ever even remotely start to address it is if people actually "put them on blast" for it.
My thoughts exactly.

Side note, my store is going to look like this very soon because Thursday is my last week, another closing expert just put in their 2 weeks, another one's going to quit in July, and another one is quitting in August. So we'll only have 3 closing experts employed. Maybe 2 because another closing expert is considering quitting when they do an internship this summer.

My thoughts exactly.

Side note, my store is going to look like this very soon because Thursday is my last week, another closing expert just put in their 2 weeks, another one's going to quit in July, and another one is quitting in August. So we'll only have 3 closing experts employed. Maybe 2 because another closing expert is considering quitting when they do an internship this summer.
The joke used to be that all Target had to do to stay proffitable was be an alternative to Walmart.

Now Walmart isnt exactly perfect, at least they have a small army running every store at any given time. Meanwhile Targets all over look like what I always expect Walmart to.

The joke used to be that all Target had to do to stay proffitable was be an alternative to Walmart.

Now Walmart isnt exactly perfect, at least they have a small army running every store at any given time. Meanwhile Targets all over look like what I always expect Walmart to.
Funny, I just had a guest tell me today that our store was far superior to Wal-mart. She said our clothes are better quality, our store is much cleaner, and the employees are "normal" and don't act fake and fawning.

The clean part surprised me because I think we look like ass, at least in Style, but I haven't been to a Walmart in ages so maybe they are worse. Our clothes are decent and I know what she means by us being normal - we don't greet guests with that chipper retail persona or bug them as they shop.

Are we sure that the mess wasn't the result of a group of, I'm suspecting, teenagers who sort of went on a rampage? I'm having a hard time believing that a store could look that messed up with any kind of frequency.
My store's Style dept isn't usually what I'd call neat and tidy all the time, but it doesn't come anywhere near those videos. Ever, even when we're busy and short-staffed. (I guess the fitting room was a disaster over the weekend, but the floor still looked mostly decent.)
All that said, I'm so sick of the shaving cream messes left in Personal Care, that I have yet to clean up two (one each in Men's Shave and Women's Shave) that I found on Sunday. They're small, but still. I'm just so tired of it that I sort of wish all that product was kept in a locked case.

Back in the early 2000s on one Mother's Day eve, I was a closing cashier or cart attendant, and the store was in such bad condition that the closing team was working till 200am on recovery. It was total chaos that day. And we were still not done. We ended up hauling carts of clothes and shoes to the backroom to later be worked back to the floor.

My style ETL would of freaked out seeing all that mess. They make sure that everything is folded & picked up off the floor.

I was dead serious that creep isnt putting the stupid company on "blast" he is making it out to be the employees fault clearly. Not once is the company implied to be at fault in ANY of his videos and he CLEARLYA BLAMES the employees for the shoe situation. This kind of person does NOT help the crux of the problem and only brings karens to scream at under payed over worked people.

Now if he made it a point to find out WHY the situation was thst way and blamed both corporate and the customer base as he SHOULD that woukd be different. But vidoes like this are the typical i want my fame without puttinf in the work to actually get the facts out.

Imo.

I hated zoning Style.
I'd be folding tables, finish one side & do the other only to come back to the first side already wrecked by girls & their moms.
Some woman was pushing her cart between racks knocking off whole armloads of hanging merch. Her young son stopped to hang them back up but she called back saying "Chas, just leave those. They have people to do that."
Her son glanced at me & quickly hung them back up before following her. I smiled & whispered my thanks.
Seems that dope could do more of a PSA to all these asshats to clean up their messes without being so sanctimonious.

Target is in the multi decade process of going out of business and they have been for 16 years. How much longer? Anyone's guess. I've posted this before and have been repeatedly been met with vitriol and denial. Whatever. The proof is in the pudding. Cornell never had a vision to do anything except bleed it dry. This is what happens when you take over a company that, in some combination, you have no care in your heart for, and/or fundamentally misunderstand what made them successful in the first place. To be fair to Cornell it had already started with Steinhafel and he had been with the company for decades. People that push companies to success(Ulrich) retire or die or sell it or whatever. This is, not always, but usually the result.

This is what happens across America when MBAs take over companies that they don't care about and or misunderstand.

Toss in having to compete with a shifting landscape... good luck. I don't want to understate Amazon/the internet's importance here, but I also want to make it clear that is not the primary contributing factor. It's mismanagement or purposeful bleeding. Cornell seems like a sharp guy so I'm going to say he's intentionally bleeding it.

Last edited:
Target is in the multi decade process of going out of business and they have been for 16 years. How much longer? Anyone's guess. I've posted this before and have been repeatedly been met with vitriol and denial. Whatever. The proof is in the pudding. Cornell never had a vision to do anything except bleed it dry. This is what happens when you take over a company that, in some combination, you have no care in your heart for, and/or fundamentally misunderstand what made them successful in the first place. To be fair to Cornell it had already started with Steinhafel and he had been with the company for decades. People that push companies to success(Ulrich) retire or die or sell it or whatever. This is, not always, but usually the result.

This is what happens across America when MBAs take over companies that they don't care about and or misunderstand.

Toss in having to compete with a shifting landscape... good luck. I don't want to understate Amazon/the internet's importance here, but I also want to make it clear that is not the primary contributing factor. It's mismanagement or purposeful bleeding. Cornell seems like a sharp guy so I'm going to say he's intentionally bleeding it.
The throngs of people that shop at my store daily say otherwise.

I worked for a company that was bled dry by a hedge fund manager. Target's fine. Not to say that it won't be in the future, but it is nowhere near in dire straits at this time.

The throngs of people that shop at my store daily say otherwise.

I worked for a company that was bled dry by a hedge fund manager. Target's fine. Not to say that it won't be in the future, but it is nowhere near in dire straits at this time.
Yeah seriously. I mean my store was making 120k a day on an average day when I left. When I started we were around 75k. 120k would have been a holiday weekend forecast. Just because the company sucks at field operations management doesn't mean it's "going out of business"

I figured out what store it is (not going to out them) but those posts were made right after Spring Break, they're close to the Canadian border and there's not another Target around for maybe 100 miles. Not great odds for them!
Instagram user is from Utah. You sure the store is that far north?
RIP to those execs working at that store lol. I can't imagine what the call from Sr leadership would have been like after this videođź’€
Maybe if they stopped announcing visits and saw the regular state of the stores they'd get it that the resources aren't there.
But when everyone fakes it, no one is good enough.

Back