Is this normal???

Should I tell about the STL who was slinging beer and soft drinks out the loading dock by leaving the door unlocked, unlateched and disarmed? Or the APTL turned GSTL who stole $60k? Or the next STL who stole $20k to cover his favorite TLs racing debt after he lost and got his car, store keys and uniform stolen? That's just the tip of the iceberg... The last 10 years this store has been going down hill by the minute...

I'm pretty sure a call to OSHA or somebody would do something, isn't it literally against the law to leave that baler OPEN? I was always told it was a huge fine.
There is a sign on the bailer at the grocery store where I now work that states it must be closed when not in use.

I already did, our region has one inspector who is not interested in leavibg his/her office for anything short of a death... and even then it's grudgingly
You don't want an OSHA inspection, as they not only look at the issue(s) called about but also look at everything in your store with a fine-toothed comb. We think the a union rep for our grocery store called OSHA, so we had a visit a few years back.

Is your store in a large metro area? I feel like the quality of candidates for store director is very low for your area considering who they're apparently hiring. Must be a lot of competition amongst stores for a shallow pool of candidates

Is your store in a large metro area? I feel like the quality of candidates for store director is very low for your area considering who they're apparently hiring. Must be a lot of competition amongst stores for a shallow pool of candidates
I think part of the reason for a shallow pool in my district is no one wants to move up to a TL/ETL/SD because of chronic under staffing.

Management did ask two TMs to move up as a TL recently.

Both of them are part-time students and are moving to transfer to different schools in the Fall.

Why bother to even ask them?

Last edited:
I think part of the reason for a shallow pool in my district is no one wants to move up to a TL/ETL/SD because of chronic under staffing.

Management did ask two TMs to move up as a TL recently.

Both of them are part-time students and are moving to transfer to different schools in the Fall.

Why bother to even ask them?
In a related matter.

My ETL was just transferred to another store really really far from their home.

Do they get extra compensation for the longer commute?

I personally would start looking for another job.

There is a lot of Target competitors in my area too.

It used to be 50 miles or more they get mileage or help with relocation to get you to move. I’ve been gone for 3 years tho.

Back