Sales Floor Let's meet in the Middle; an Electronics/Tech thread

Is anyone elses store slashing hours in tech department so bad, and giving them to other departments, that it's time to finally consider just getting out of the department? It's been a steady decline over the last years, to the point where the are only two of us getting under 30 because of it, with 5~ hour coverages.

Is anyone elses store slashing hours in tech department so bad, and giving them to other departments, that it's time to finally consider just getting out of the department? It's been a steady decline over the last years, to the point where the are only two of us getting under 30 because of it, with 5~ hour coverages.
Most nights our Closing TL has to go to Tech frequently because noone is there past 9.

Also Closing TL has to unlock vacuums and go to Ulta (which has to be staffed fully according to the contract).

Late reply, but...didn't Marketsource get rid of their ATT phones a while ago? I was under the impression that Target Mobile stopped doing ATT in store sales 3 years ago?
they stopped doing everything except ATT an BoomerCellular afaik.

with that said. it seems like they’re getting replaced by those needy annoying ATT reps

with that said. it seems like they’re getting replaced by those needy annoying ATT reps
I will have to remember "Boomer Cellular". 😂

One thing I have noticed is I almost never see the same ATT Rep twice.

They probably rotate them around because the reps know that they will never get any sales while at Target.

That was even longer ago. Verizon was removed from stores like...6? Years ago? I can't recall exactly.

My store was a Mobile plus pilot store, I remember having to send out all the verizon phones and just doing ATT until they sent out all the ATT phones and brought in the first iteration of the ATT vendors (We're on wave 4 or 5 of them now). ATT vendors have been in/out of target over the last 5 years I wanna say.

I will have to remember "Boomer Cellular". 😂

One thing I have noticed is I almost never see the same ATT Rep twice.

They probably rotate them around because the reps know that they will never get any sales while at Target.
I don't know how bad you area is. The area I'm in right now, at the current wave, was ranked 1 in the US for their sales in the first few months, and now are still top 10. Some of those guys are making 100k a year

They're still annoying goons but they're definately making sales, and target gets a kickback on those which at this rate is probably more than we're doing in sales for Tech itself and they're getting the added bonus of not having to pay them to help guests.

I don't know how bad you area is. The area I'm in right now, at the current wave, was ranked 1 in the US for their sales in the first few months, and now are still top 10. Some of those guys are making 100k a year

They're still annoying goons but they're definately making sales, and target gets a kickback on those which at this rate is probably more than we're doing in sales for Tech itself and they're getting the added bonus of not having to pay them to help guests.

I can agree with this, although their tactics might be a bit... unconventional... They do get sales. I spoke with them and they do get hit when a sale gets escalated if they customer is unhappy.

However, one day ours took the marketing materials out of the store and I never saw an ATT rep ever again. Even the ATT vendor comes every now and then wondering why they are not here. Seems they are on different pages.

no one:
absolutely no one:
not a single soul:

Samsung The Frame: Oh love, isn't it fabulous? Oh love, isn't it incredible? Oh love, isn't it astonishing? Oh my god. Keep talking talk, it doesn't even mean a thing!
Cat: *meow!*

I can agree with this, although their tactics might be a bit... unconventional... They do get sales. I spoke with them and they do get hit when a sale gets escalated if they customer is unhappy.

However, one day ours took the marketing materials out of the store and I never saw an ATT rep ever again. Even the ATT vendor comes every now and then wondering why they are not here. Seems they are on different pages.
this happened at my store almost two years ago, we are still contracted to have them but I haven't seen a soul since 2022.

Back