Paid LOA

So my grandmother is very sick in my home country. I don't have money to go visit. My mom let me know she's planning on going to see her and I need to see about child care. She babysits my 2 youngest and I have no other family. Day care is expensive and target pay is not enough for that anyways.
Would I be able to apply for paid loa on basis of sick immediate relative. Cough* (Whether I go or not is my concern basically)

I don't think it would be covered. Your primary reason for not working is lack of childcare, not that you are sick or caring for a sick family member. I guess it depends on the laws in your state. Whether you could get paid by "finessing" the reason for the LOA is another question.

Some leaves are paid to care for a sick family member. Contact leave and disability and they will be able to determine eligibility.

So my grandmother is very sick in my home country. I don't have money to go visit. My mom let me know she's planning on going to see her and I need to see about child care. She babysits my 2 youngest and I have no other family. Day care is expensive and target pay is not enough for that anyways.
Would I be able to apply for paid loa on basis of sick immediate relative. Cough* (Whether I go or not is my concern basically)
Nope. Not paid.

Some leaves are paid to care for a sick family member. Contact leave and disability and they will be able to determine eligibility.
But she isn't caring for a sick family member. Her mother, who is the employee's babysitter, will be going away to care for her sick family member who happens to be the employee's grandmother. The employee will be in a different country than the sick family member staying home to watch her children who are not sick.

But she isn't caring for a sick family member. Her mother, who is the employee's babysitter, will be going away to care for her sick family member who happens to be the employee's grandmother. The employee will be in a different country than the sick family member staying home to watch her children who are not sick.
you are correct.

Back