Store calling me while I am sick

I was not feeling well and called in sick using the app (this was on a Sunday). ETL-HR called me, and left a voicemail saying they are calling to see if everything was ok (obviously not, if I called in) and asking me to call them back and they "look forward to talking with me soon". I found this call to be very invasive. Do other stores do this? They've never done this before. As a side note I don't call in very often, maybe once every few months or so. Just seems weird to me. Like asking how I'm doing when I return makes sense, but why call and disturb a person mere hours after they notify that they are sick?

I was not feeling well and called in sick using the app (this was on a Sunday). ETL-HR called me, and left a voicemail saying they are calling to see if everything was ok (obviously not, if I called in) and asking me to call them back and they "look forward to talking with me soon". I found this call to be very invasive. Do other stores do this? They've never done this before. As a side note I don't call in very often, maybe once every few months or so. Just seems weird to me. Like asking how I'm doing when I return makes sense, but why call and disturb a person mere hours after they notify that they are sick?

There was a STL/SD who I've heard would actually go to your home to see if you really were sick. I was never sick during the time he was there so I never got the chance to experience it myself. But on the days that I was sick, the store never contacted me after I called in. So, it might be a particular person who doesn't believe when employees really are sick.

Never happened here. 8 years, missed a few days. Never a follow up. Had they called and if I was really not up to par I would have said thanks for calling, hope to see you tomorrow. Don't over think it. I find it very hard to believe the STL would go to someone's home to check up on them.

Don't think it happens at my store and it hasn't happened to me the few times I've called off.
But I wonder if your store has had a LOT of call-offs lately? If so, they could be trying to figure who's really sick and who's just playing at it.
Even if there is something like that going on, it still seems sketchy.

Back