Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Yep, not fun. Honestly, if I had known, I absolutely wouldn't have agreed to come in. Thankfully I didn't agree to a full 8 hour shift since undone classwork is creeping up on me.

did anyone else see the red wire today about EGGS.
They are not selling as well as expected so, Friday and Saturday the MP eggs will be 50 % off on CARTWHEEL.
well, that limits you to 4 packages per transaction up to 6 transactions per day. Why not just have us TPC them 50% off ??

I have sold thru 2 of my 3 pallets that I received 1 week ago.
I still have 1 full pallet of the 99 cent eggs, thats 60 boxes times 15 in a box = 900 dozen eggs.

I was so amused at all the furious guests complaining about the lack of eggs. "What a fucking waste of my time," one woman said to me, glaring. I told another woman that we would do a rain check for the 99 cent price but not for the Cartwheel deal, and she said, "Um, it's your responsibility to make sure you have enough stock to honor these deals," and threw a giant fit, heavily implying that she wanted 50 cent simply balanced eggs. The LOD was not one to take that bs, so cut to a few minutes later and I see the woman angrily stomping around and ditching all of her items in the most dramatic way possible, saying, "I cannot believe this!"

Inwardly I was thinking, "Lady, we are basically giving away eggs for free. Let me give you a basic economics lesson: if price goes down, demand goes up, and supply goes down. If we are giving away eggs basically for free, there is no way we can possibly have enough supply to meet the demand at that point. If you had any idea about the insane amount of eggs we started with this week, you would shut the hell up. This may come as a shock to you, but practically-free eggs are not your god-given right."

Ironically, everyone forgot to sign the still 99 cent eggs the week after Easter, and they didn't get put up until Thursday when I pushed eggs for the first time that week after reading the sales info sheet my CTL had printed and posted in the ambient room.

Last time we had extensive food loss, we initiated a store2store transfer to a dummy store. Fk printing labels for everything or scanning it at POS. I thought it was best practice but I guess it was just something my store did.

Last time we had extensive food loss, we initiated a store2store transfer to a dummy store. Fk printing labels for everything or scanning it at POS. I thought it was best practice but I guess it was just something my store did.
I think it actually is best practice, something like store 1099. I haven't looked too deeply and should really go over it again.

Last edited:
I think it actually is best practice, something like store 1099. I haven't looked too deeply and should really go over it again.

Its more than likely so Target can factor in losses as I am almost 100% sure that they are insured for this. (We had all of our coolers get thrown out about a year and a half ago).

Its more than likely so Target can factor in losses as I am almost 100% sure that they are insured for this. (We had all of our coolers get thrown out about a year and a half ago).
This is the way the insurance thing is taken care of. It's a pain in the ass however you go about it though.

Anybody have the email address for the person in charge of vendors for west coast?

I thought it was Angel something...but that was a year or so ago.

Anyone that workings in a Super Target know any more detail about the May transition for the Meat Department? Outside of what little is mentioned in the Meat 2016 Transition Manual.

Okay for meat isn't it ground beef on top then beef / steak / pork then poultry

Ready to eat
Seafood
Whole cuts(Steak/bacon/pork)
Ground beef/pork/seafood
Poultry ground and whole.

Something to watch out for is the half and quarter cut hams are ready to eat, along with turkey bacon and the precooked oscar mayer bacon in the box.

Last edited:
here you go @oath2order

food2.jpg

The reasoning for ground beef is that it is mixed up meat (along with any Bacteria), While whole beef/Pork the bacteria tends to concentrate on the outside. (Which would be the first thing to burn off when cooked)

We have a 5-tier metro rack in our meat cooler with SAP-orderable labels for each type of meat, so when we pull, we know which tier is for which type of meat. It doesn't say anything about seafood if I remember correctly, but my store is a P-Fresh and we don't have any fresh seafood (only frozen).

Quick question. First week of May, freezers reset. Is this going to be just a revision or brand new POGs?
I was wondering the same thing. I couldn't find the new planos yet. MPG labels went up so must not be a revision. So much went clearance and is gone already keeping it looking full is a challenge. Hope some new stuff comes in soon so I can flex it in.

Finally got a closing shift where the dry market closer didn't call out. I EXF'D THE ENTIRE PFRESH COOLERS

800 EACHES TO PULL

THERE WILL BE NO AUTOFILLS
at that point .... its just easier to LOCU all the locations and push the pro1, pro2, meat cooler yourself.

Back