MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

The only iPod's my store has gotten is the Gift Registry ones, no idea if/when we're getting the TM PDA's replaced, though our ETL's had iPads for office use. Personally I'd rather have those Motorola Phone-looking PDA's than the iPods. The gift registry ones have given us tons of trouble. Every guest that has used one, and when I've helped the guests use them, they never stay connected to the internet, crash on us, reboot constantly. What gives?

It's Apple what do you expect?

;)

okay please don't kill me apple fans it was a joke

I hate Apple, but I've been slightly more pleased with the registry iPods than I expected.

My store has the registry iPods and after a little bit, we've figured out how to get them to work properly. Once that happened, the change has been quite nice. They are replacing the registry kiosks with iPads that will only be used to print registries and maybe to place online orders? What other devices should I be expecting?

@eleuthreophile you can just key 20xxxx where the x's are the four digit store number you are trying to call. I'm not 100% sure that this works on the red phones, but it will work on every other line in the store for sure.

That only helps if I know the store number, lol.

Edit: You can look up store numbers in item search, can't you? Derp.

Last edited:
We've had the Gift Registery iPods for almost a month now, and very few problems with them. The connection problem can be solved by hard rebooting the device (Power and home button until the apple shows up). Having said that, the software in them is due to upgrade next week, so stand by for crash and burn!

Completely agree. I don't know why Spot is going with Apple devices now, they should just stick with Motorola like we had. Nothing wrong with them, just a little outdated. Just like in the first post of the thread, something slimmer, give it a faster processor, incorporate some kind of communication system on them incase a TM doesn't have a walkie or has something to say to another TM that they don't want to broadcast over the walkie, and that'd be the perfect device for us.

I wish they'd just give us Motorola smart phones, with the ability to answer and place calls right on the salesfloor. At my store, most of our SF phones won't connect if it's out of our area code, and half our district is in a different area code. I'd LOVE to have a phone I can actually use as a phone without risking my STL's wrath.
If you could do that with the mydevices, that would be amazing!

sooo.... when are we getting these new devices? haven't seen or heard anything yet at my store....
if you login to workbench, on the left side there should be a button that mentions them. On the page that the button links to, find something about the rollour stores or something to that effect and then just find your store # and it will tell you how many you are getting, when you are getting them installed, when it goes live.

I would LOVE if these things could answer calls but it'd be a little awkward if a guest asks you something. I can't inagine them understanding that we have phones as equopment

I would LOVE if these things could answer calls but it'd be a little awkward if a guest asks you something. I can't inagine them understanding that we have phones as equopment

They have a hard enough time understanding when we're using the red sales floor phones.
facepalm.gif

Store in my district is doing this.... price change workload is built into it and is a piece of crap. No more open scan you have to find the item it tells you to and scan it like down a list.. guy who helped develop it was in town and when he was told it wouldnt work that way he said we were dumb for saying that and no other price teams would feel that way. HQ is so disconnected from what happens at stores even spending time in one doesnt help their point of view.

Omgd.. my store is switching to these mid October and getting rid of the PDAS shortly after.. if they do not add a division open scan feature before they go live to the ipods I will be pissed and cry.. and probably hide an lpda and keep it lol

Last edited:
Omgd.. my store is switching to these mid October and getting rid of the PDAS shortly after.. if they do not add a division open scan feature to the ipods I will be pissed and cry.. lol

Our install date is the same day as inventory with go-live a week later. I told one of my fellow TMs who works price change with us regularly that I'm not going to train her on all of the tricks since they won't apply in a month and we're all gonna have to learn it all over again.

Omgd.. my store is switching to these mid October and getting rid of the PDAS shortly after.. if they do not add a division open scan feature to the ipods I will be pissed and cry.. lol

Our install date is the same day as inventory with go-live a week later. I told one of my fellow TMs who works price change with us regularly that I'm not going to train her on all of the tricks since they won't apply in a month and we're all gonna have to learn it all over again.
If you go in WorkBench and type in myDevice in the search bar, it gives you a whole lost of clickable links on different training and functions on the iPods. I've read through them all and it's actually pretty easy to operate. Yes new menus, but everything is just about the same that we are used to.

What other devices should I be expecting?

Seamless Service Station, currently in pilot and rolling out to another batch of stores soon for more testing. Final decision won't be made until later in 2015. Guests will be able to text team members through these for assistance and/or questions, browse the current ad or shop on Target.com. And of course, look-up prices for inventory items (along with locations both on the salesfloor and backroom.)

(Thanks to one of the local testing stores for the picture)

BsMLdWNCUAAKDyb.jpg

sooo.... when are we getting these new devices? haven't seen or heard anything yet at my store....
if you login to workbench, on the left side there should be a button that mentions them. On the page that the button links to, find something about the rollour stores or something to that effect and then just find your store # and it will tell you how many you are getting, when you are getting them installed, when it goes live.

Thanks! Did that yesterday, I guess we're getting 30 of them on Oct 22 and they go live on the 28th.

We're supposed to get them at the end of October. There's an excel spreadsheet on Workbench with rollout and go-live dates for the new devices. There's a thing on the homepage about the MyDevices, just click on that and it's pretty easy to find from there.

We're supposed to get them at the end of October. There's an excel spreadsheet on Workbench with rollout and go-live dates for the new devices. There's a thing on the homepage about the MyDevices, just click on that and it's pretty easy to find from there.

I love how they explain the bare basics in those docs. I'd love to know more about how those of us who work on process teams are supposed to adjust. For those of you who are already on them, have they fixed price change yet?

Back