Can I Stretch My Thirty?

ION the Prize

GM Pusher
How flexible is my thirty-minute break?

What if I make it back to the time clock after 35 or 40 minutes? When I punch back in would the time clock accept it?

Does HR notice or care?

Late back from lunch counts as an attendance violation the same as late to work, at least it did at my store. Whether or not your store will call you on it is hard to tell, but if leadership ever decides they have a bone to pick with you, they will have attendance violations ready that they can start documenting immediately. CYA. Always.😁

Most of my working years I did my own thing, never punched a clock and never had to put up with this "clock out for meal" insanity. I played the Target game for (x) years and rather enjoyed the time. I just blew off the garbage and paid no attention to it. Most difficult part of the whole thing was getting up so damned early and the (some) juvenile inexperienced so called leaders prancing around with a dust broom up their ass playing post college low level management games with folks twice their age and 5x their experience. I was a glutton for punishment and played their game. They'd whine after work, get together and bitch and drink and I would go home and count my money and file flight plans for the day off.

Most of my working years I did my own thing, never punched a clock and never had to put up with this "clock out for meal" insanity. I played the Target game for (x) years and rather enjoyed the time. I just blew off the garbage and paid no attention to it. Most difficult part of the whole thing was getting up so damned early and the (some) juvenile inexperienced so called leaders prancing around with a dust broom up their ass playing post college low level management games with folks twice their age and 5x their experience. I was a glutton for punishment and played their game. They'd whine after work, get together and bitch and drink and I would go home and count my money and file flight plans for the day off.
Lol why is clocking out for meals "insanity"? Tons of jobs do it, it's extremely common.

I go home 3 days a week and let the dog out.
So I take about a 40 minute lunch that adds up to 30 minutes less per week no biggie ...

This sounds like my situation.

My store can be pretty relaxed when it comes to the time clock, but this wasn't something I wanted them to know I was considering.

Thanks for all the replies. Good to get the different views.

I frequently take longer lunches as a way of eliminating my OT during the week. It's next to impossible to leave early on any given day and my store doesn't allow leaders to cut on the weekend so many of us use a longer lunch to cut the time.
Taking longer lunch so you don’t go overtime is ok. I’ve done it before. I think the original poster is talking about taking longer lunch just for the heck of it and that’s not ok.

I've never heard of anyone getting talked to at my store for taking a long 30. 15s yes, but not 30s. My team lead often takes 40+ minutes and not because of OT.

It always takes me a few extra minutes to come back from my 30 because I have to take the elevator to get back to the floor, but I've never stretched it beyond 35 minutes.

We have a TL that's a total micro manager and has hounded me for not being back on the floor at exactly 30 minutes (Which is impossible because the clock literally makes you wait until exactly 30 minutes before you can punch back in) and has shamed other TMs over walkie for taking 16 minute 15s 🙄🙄.

It always takes me a few extra minutes to come back from my 30 because I have to take the elevator to get back to the floor, but I've never stretched it beyond 35 minutes.

We have a TL that's a total micro manager and has hounded me for not being back on the floor at exactly 30 minutes (Which is impossible because the clock literally makes you wait until exactly 30 minutes before you can punch back in) and has shamed other TMs over walkie for taking 16 minute 15s 🙄🙄.
I was much the same way when I was still at my old store. I tried to come back as soon as the time clock would let me, but sometimes I would come back after 31/32 minutes. I was mostly front-end so I did feel like I should come back ASAP since somebody was usually covering me.

Back