Desired hours

How is this possible? What would be the point of sending anyone home if you still had to pay them their full shift? I cannot find anything about this online anywhere.
If the store had to pay them, there wouldn't be. At my store leaders used to ask people if they wanted to go home early instead of sending them, and some of them were happy to leave early, mostly those who were working for pocket money or whose parents made them get a job. They weren’t compensated because they left voluntarily. The store saved payroll and the TMs enjoyed their time off. Sending them home would have been out of the question.😁

How is this possible? What would be the point of sending anyone home if you still had to pay them their full shift? I cannot find anything about this online anywhere.
It’s to protect the employee. So the stores there don’t do it.
The only time it was ever done is to the 4am truck unloading team “back in the day” when the truck didn’t show up because of a snow storm.

It’s to protect the employee. So the stores there don’t do it.
The only time it was ever done is to the 4am truck unloading team “back in the day” when the truck didn’t show up because of a snow storm.
Was this a local store rule or something? Because again, I can find no such state labor law on the books, which is what I'm talking about. I am more than happy to be proven wrong, I just can't find it.

Back