Is anyone else's store starting to worry them?

My store has had a few extra problems lately that make me go 'should I freshen up my resume?'

1. Some SCOs not taking cash, management taking months to get around to calling the repair guy. Only for the same or different SCOs to break in the exact same way not one month later.​

They've modified the registers to go "you won't be charged for the cash you tried to ask for!" but they can't fix the damn thing? I'm getting tired of telling people our property person is 4 minutes away from retirement and coasting until they leave.

2. Bags not being ordered in a prompt fashion, wrapping paper entirely absent​

We went through a solid 2 weeks where we didn't have standard Target bags. People were being sent to the local supply store (or wherever) to get convenience store bags. I kept being told "we ordered them! we ordered them!" yet nothing. We had sh*t bags during one of our busiest weeks of the year and it really slowed things down. Kept having to double and triple bag everything delicate because again, there was no wrapping/postal paper/whatever you want to call it. Before this we never had this happen for longer than a few days.

3. Lack of towels​

This might be company wide, idk. But the bathrooms aren't being provided towels anymore.

4. Mess in the back room​

Nothing that hasn't been seen before I guess. But it just seems...worse lately, somehow. Rolled over trucks. We keep losing our old guard, people that have been here 20 years, and I think that's whats causing the problem.

The priority of GS is extreme at this point. They will steal literally all but one cashier for GS/OPU/DU and then tell that one cashier they need to move faster. I know because I've BEEN that cashier. They'll backup and call even ETLs and I'm like - how much farther can it go? How much worse can it get before turnover REALLY gets bad?

ETLs & TLs taking frequent mental health breaks (some don't come back or they leave shortly after)
So many things broken/in disrepair that our PML is frequently overwhelmed
Either out of stock on so much or a glut of repacks
So much to be pushed out to the floor but not enough people to push
High turnover in all areas, insufficient coverage, extreme apathy
Frequent 'visits'
Some leader positions still unfilled

If some of the idiot managers, ETL's and TL's would leave the folks alone and stop with the superiority complex shit and improved the culture of the store things would improve. Most are too stupid to realize that.

Old line that seems appropriate for the current environment: The beatings will continue until morale improves.
That seems to be the current mentality, and of course it never works out the way leadership (?) hopes

1. Some SCOs not taking cash, management taking months to get around to calling the repair guy. Only for the same or different SCOs to break in the exact same way not one month later.

This has been a huge issue since day one at my store.

We only have six in the first place so have one or two not working is such a pain.

The SCO at my local Kroger are almost never down because of that.

Back