Mid year raises

I'm really proud of the Gen Zers. They'll just walk out because they can go make the same wage down the street at the McDonalds and they don't put up with the increasing amounts of work. Too many guys getting hired for, say, fulfillment, and getting shipped up front to do carts. They're like "this is not the job I applied for"

I've never heard of a mid year raise. They have given out mid year bonuses for the last couple of years though. Those should be coming in a bit, on a check in October.
We got them in California the past 2 years mine was 2% each time. This is separate from the bonuses which come in October.

I'm really proud of the Gen Zers. They'll just walk out because they can go make the same wage down the street at the McDonalds and they don't put up with the increasing amounts of work. Too many guys getting hired for, say, fulfillment, and getting shipped up front to do carts. They're like "this is not the job I applied for"
Who the heck would pick working at McDonald's over Target? Fast food sucks. I'd deal with collecting carts all day before I'd toil in a hot kitchen or stand at a counter taking fast food orders.

Who the heck would pick working at McDonald's over Target? Fast food sucks. I'd deal with collecting carts all day before I'd toil in a hot kitchen or stand at a counter taking fast food orders.
Because they're not gonna stay at this job very long anyway. 90% of the Gen Zers working here are doing it temporarily and you get free food at McDs

We got them in California the past 2 years mine was 2% each time. This is separate from the bonuses which come in October.
Was it at the same time as a base pay increase? Lately they have been increasing pay for veterans by 2% when they increase the base pay. It happened at my store for PG35 earlier this year and for PG45 last year. I think those were in the spring though.

Not in my town Target pays more than McDonald’s or any fast food.

$17 dollars would be awesome, I could use the money. $17 would also suck because new team members would make the same as me a 14 year veteran.
That would be a good opportunity to look for other employment with zero risk to losing your raises (I'm not sure how vacation accruement would be affected if you quit and are rehired again later)

Back