Want to know how bad things are?

TMs have been scolded for talking with other TMs, for not moving with a 'sense of urgency' AT ALL TIMES, being harangued over the walkies so everyone rushes around looking stressed all the time & feeling burnt out.
Guess nobody remembers when we were "fast, fun & friendly" :(
I've gotten both "you need to talk less to guests" and "you need to talk more" among everything else.

There is no winning. I've turned into Wally from Dilbert. Lazy ass who has to be prompted to do everything and avoids volunteering to do anything - hey, if TL is going to treat me like a child, I am going to act like one.

"stop leaning!"

"go to the end of your lane!"

"we really need you to (insert thing we do all the time)."

"we're happy to accommodate (issue I am having)." And I think, oh, like x coworker who needed a stool and got it taken away after about a week and is on leave because you couldn't stop hassling him about it?

I've gotten both "you need to talk less to guests" and "you need to talk more" among everything else.

There is no winning. I've turned into Wally from Dilbert. Lazy ass who has to be prompted to do everything and avoids volunteering to do anything - hey, if TL is going to treat me like a child, I am going to act like one.

"stop leaning!"

"go to the end of your lane!"

"we really need you to (insert thing we do all the time)."

"we're happy to accommodate (issue I am having)." And I think, oh, like x coworker who needed a stool and got it taken away after about a week and is on leave because you couldn't stop hassling him about it?
There’s no winning with management especially when you are one who isn’t part of the cult or any “clique” there. I respected people who respected me, I did my job and went home. Target was the only place I worked at where I had to be super careful with what I said or do because it was a liberal company and they don’t take kindly to non-politically correct people and they expect you to conform and change for them when asked. In less than a year after getting hired, I was ready to quit. It took over a year for me to finally get hired somewhere and already before I found my new job, I just did what I could and stopped caring what management thought and others. I hated it when they called me on the Walkie so much, I couldn’t be at 2 places or more at once. If shit hit the fan, That’s management’s fault for not getting lazy people at the check lanes to help out. They were very upset when I put my 2 weeks notice and it was the only place I didn’t tell them straight up that I put it in, I just got on the computer and put it in. I’ll never conform or suck up to anyone, Hell working there made me start drinking alcohol a lot and was hurting my mental state.

Back