WTF

One of the benefits of being on the closing team is there seems to be less pressure. Only really have to deal with one or two leaders and they have their hands full. Seems day shift has a clock ticking and management breathing down their necks. No thank you.
Yes but this pressure puts openers to cut quality too so those left closing are left with a shit show and often times still pushing the truck.

Yes but this pressure puts openers to cut quality too so those left closing are left with a shit show and often times still pushing the truck.
ACCURATE. There is so much unpushed truck even for my typical past-closing shifts that I feel like I may as well be on the inbound team /s

Oh I definitely walk in to a mess more often than not. Doesn't help that my area is left without coverage for hours every day. I come in and do my best to whip it into shape. If I can't get to something, oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Coming from another retailer I think it’s absolutely bananas weekends aren’t all work for every leader. Or at least a part of it. My former retail store mgr job I closed Friday, opened Saturday, and was off Sunday every week (and that was as the store manager). Weekends are literally your busiest days of the week.
I mean I will take the every other weekend off, but I think it’s terrible business wise. And also makes a divide with team members who don’t get that perk.

Meh. Some "leaders" are ineffective no matter the day they work. Saturdays spent hiding in an office do no one any good.... except those hiding.

Most are terrible. Consider yourself lucky if you have a manager/TL/ETL that is actually productive v. detrimental.

Loathe adset! Used to do it at Sears and it was awful. Thankfully at Target they only scheduled me a few times. Since going strictly nights I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I don't know who's changing ads and signage in my store but they're either slacking, not doing it right, or there's too many new people missing signage that needs taking now. I am continuously being told to do price adjustments because incorrect signage is still up from the previous week

Back