Buzzing from the speakers instead of music.

I just went into a local Target today and there was no music playing, but instead there was a bunch of buzzing coming out of all the speakers.

Energy-saving for the summer, I assume. At least some stores are also doing reduced lighting.

Personally, having sensory issues, I love it.

Energy-saving for the summer, I assume. At least some stores are also doing reduced lighting.

That would explain why half the LED lights are off over in style.

That will save such a pittance in electricity so why bother.

Then again our store cuts TMs hours but then pays a TL or ETL to do that same job.

Something probably just got unplugged. It wouldn't have anything to do with saving power if the speakers are still on, and the speakers shouldn't use up much energy anyway.

That buzzing sound! They’re everywhere!
View attachment 15796
Just kidding!😂😂😂😂😂😂

This would be super evil, bad and wrong, so I would never suggest that you:
1) Record a days worth of those things.
2) Bypass the music and splice the player into the speakers at work.
3) Keep it just low enough that people don't notice it right away, just that the music isn't playing.
4) Profit! Well at least have fun. If you find a good enough hiding spot, you could get a couple days worth of entertainment out of it.

Then again our store cuts TMs hours but then pays a TL or ETL to do that same job.
ETL's are salary, so if they're doing the work a TM would normally do, that's on top of what they're already responsible for. They get paid the same regardless.

TL's, at least at my store, are already scheduled for darn near 40 every week, so if they're doing the TM's work that got cut, that's also piled on top of what they're already responsible for.

That would explain why half the LED lights are off over in style.

That will save such a pittance in electricity so why bother.

Our store is doing that 'we are keeping the AC low to be environmentally friendly' thing too.

I feel like pretty soon it's going to just be TLs and ETLs doing shit. Weekdays are going back to shit scheduling.

ETL's are salary, so if they're doing the work a TM would normally do, that's on top of what they're already responsible for. They get paid the same regardless.

TL's, at least at my store, are already scheduled for darn near 40 every week, so if they're doing the TM's work that got cut, that's also piled on top of what they're already responsible for.
Thank you! I've been saying this forever lol, saves me the trouble of typing it out this time.

Something probably just got unplugged. It wouldn't have anything to do with saving power if the speakers are still on, and the speakers shouldn't use up much energy anyway.
Def isn’t the case. Sound system uses little to no power.

How do i know? We had a really bad outage (drunk driver hit a transformer). Utility said damage is really bad and even goes past that transformer.

We lost power from 3 AM- 12 PM (and we’re an overnight store) time clock was down, no lights in TSC, only main backroom isle light was on, BUT…

Music was still playing LOL

Def isn’t the case. Sound system uses little to no power.

How do i know? We had a really bad outage (drunk driver hit a transformer). Utility said damage is really bad and even goes past that transformer.

We lost power from 3 AM- 12 PM (and we’re an overnight store) time clock was down, no lights in TSC, only main backroom isle light was on, BUT…

Music was still playing LOL
Did your coolers and freezers have power?

Back