Desired hours

Was curious to hear other people's opinions on this. I have been getting almost 21 hours MORE than my desired hours even though I just wanted the position as something simple and part time, I heard that HR isn't supposed to give you more than 10 hours above or bellow your desired. Thoughts? Should I bring it up with HR or will I probably just get some b.s excuse

Was curious to hear other people's opinions on this. I have been getting almost 21 hours MORE than my desired hours even though I just wanted the position as something simple and part time, I heard that HR isn't supposed to give you more than 10 hours above or bellow your desired. Thoughts? Should I bring it up with HR or will I probably just get some b.s excuse
This not a permanent solution for you but. Lately some stores have been cutting hours so, you should have no problems giving up shifts. At most stores it’s not Hr that makes schedules or gives out hours it’s the ETL of each department. If you’re getting scheduled too many hours talk to your ETL. Hr probably can’t help you but your ETL can.

Good luck, I guess it depends on the store. The one I left was cutting so deep it's better I got fired. Even TLs were down to no more than 35 a week...

I know that etl in the department make the schedule for his/her tms. Is it normal that other etls in different department change tms hours? Cause that is happening lately in my store. For example my etl give me 4 to 11 30 shift. I come in just to find out my shift has been change to 5 to 10. I asked my etl and she said she didn't do it. I'm so loss and confused. I am also tired that the hours has been cut daily that hr tl even walkie us to come and clock out and go home before we hit our fifth even on the grid we still have full shift day. We tms so frustrated that no one tell us what happens except "we are cutting hours"

I know that etl in the department make the schedule for his/her tms. Is it normal that other etls in different department change tms hours? Cause that is happening lately in my store. For example my etl give me 4 to 11 30 shift. I come in just to find out my shift has been change to 5 to 10. I asked my etl and she said she didn't do it. I'm so loss and confused. I am also tired that the hours has been cut daily that hr tl even walkie us to come and clock out and go home before we hit our fifth even on the grid we still have full shift day. We tms so frustrated that no one tell us what happens except "we are cutting hours"
Your ETL makes the schedule but, the SD can and will sometimes make changes to the schedule. If your ETL didn’t make the changes then talk to your SD.

You go by the wall schedule . They can not make you go home early if you are schedule for full shit . It is not on you to save them payroll

That is false. Employers can tell you to punch out and go home, as well as change your schedule without prior notice. Sucks, but it's true.
I’m not sure about other states but in California, if you tell an employee to go home, you still have to pay them their full shift unless they decide they want to leave early on their own.

That is false. Employers can tell you to punch out and go home, as well as change your schedule without prior notice. Sucks, but it's true.
That’s bold to say it’s false . Maybe it was wrong for me to assume all the states have same laws in regards to this matter as Ca . But in Ca they still have to pay you and they have to give you 72h notice if they change your schedule .

That’s bold to say it’s false . Maybe it was wrong for me to assume all the states have same laws in regards to this matter as Ca . But in Ca they still have to pay you and they have to give you 72h notice if they change your schedule .
Is there such laws existed? Cause I've been with target for 9 years and haven't heard of this. My store located in ca as well. They've been cutting our hours like this before but they give us option of "do you want to leave early today before your fifth?". But now they just change our schedule either on my time without telling us or walkie us on channel 1 by calling our names to clock out. No option(s). This year is the worst so far....

I’m not sure about other states but in California, if you tell an employee to go home, you still have to pay them their full shift unless they decide they want to leave early on their own.
California and some other states have what's called "reporting hours", which is the minimum hours they have to pay you. Basically half your scheduled shift. So if you are scheduled for eight hours and they ask you to leave after three, they have to pay you for four. If you hit four or more you get paid for what you work.

You are correct about the 72-hour notice in California, but I cannot find anything that says they pay for your full shift if they ask you to leave early.

I agree with you. I was just stating that if that were to happen, we do have to pay them in California.
I still can't find anything online about California having a law that companies must pay workers their full pay if they are asked to leave. Do you have a link to this law?

Just talk to your ETL who most likely makes the schedule and let them know.

If you aren't saving payroll there's no sense in asking them to leave then.
A school system around here years ago laid off a bunch of teachers.

However they were part of government grant so this basically laid off people that they weren't even paying.

Most states don’t have laws protecting workers. I could be asked to work 23 hours and 59 minutes without a break or lunch and then get fired at the end of my shift because I dropped my pen last week.

The 3 states I’ve worked in also follow this. Not cali.

Back