Thanksgiving

I will get another MP frozen turkey breast. Very nice. I don't remember, has Target been closed on TG in the past? I always worked B Friday, it was fun.

Black Friday proper is dead in the water I think. I saw sales last year and was like - that's it THAT is the sale price? People used to try to kill each other over microwaves, the deals were so good.

After several years of lagging sales on Thanksgiving day or after, Target made a *big* announcement that "so our team members can celebrate with their families, Target would close on Thanksgiving Day".
Sales were dropping, payroll costs, etc were the driving force but 'family' sounds better.

After several years of lagging sales on Thanksgiving day or after, Target made a *big* announcement that "so our team members can celebrate with their families, Target would close on Thanksgiving Day".
Sales were dropping, payroll costs, etc were the driving force but 'family' sounds better.

So they are going to be closing this Thanksgiving as well?
That's great to hear.

So they are going to be closing this Thanksgiving as well?
That's great to hear.
This was when they first went back to closing on Thanksgiving.
No idea if they're gonna continue it this year but I haven't heard a peep about opening.

Target decided to start opening on Thanksgiving starting in 2012 and stopped it in 2021.
I remember I cashiered starting at 5:00 PM on one Thanksgiving and enjoyed the double time.

We were literally only busy for only an hour!

That being said it's better than being scheduled at 12:01 AM starting the day after.

This is one of the very few good things that came out of the pandemic.
When we had a truck to work ahead of store opening, I didn't mind doing an overnight shift, and it could be sort of fun to be on a register and ring up ginormous totals. But good grief, the bonkers crowds and long lines are not something I miss. Since covid, I dislike crowds even more than I did before. Good riddance to being open on Thanksgiving and all the Black Friday hoopla.

They had these up last year and had this super convoluted line system but it really didn't feel necessary. Just caused a backed up line

I remember Black Friday crowds at Target being startlingly quiet relative to the number of shoppers piling in, quiet in the sense of both noise volume and quiet in the sense of nobody felt like going to jail over a disposable TV or Sharper Image salt lamp

this kinda threw me the first year I was there and I even commented to ETL-LOG how wild it was that no Karens had gone postal yet, then along came Officer Wilson down the racetrack just casually cradling an AR-15 across his front and suddenly it all made sense

Back