Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

Anyone know about troubleshooting the check printer? We take a lot of checks for redcard payments down at GS but the machine isn’t printing on the checks. It’s still accepting them so it’s not really a huge deal but I would prefer if the checks were printed on. I called CSC and they were no help, tried opening it up to potentially mess with it but I didn’t wanna break it.
as long as it's taking it, it should be ok. call CSC, tell them you need a tech out. probably just needs to be replaced. or just use a different register?

as long as it's taking it, it should be ok. call CSC, tell them you need a tech out. probably just needs to be replaced. or just use a different register?
I mean yes those are all options I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was anything we could do to fix it

I mean yes those are all options I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was anything we could do to fix it
from barcode's guide:

• Seemingly Working, but not printing on Checks
    • You need to replace the ribbon, search check printing ribbon on SAP
    • When they come in, lift up the front and the little cartridge should snap out
    • Before a big day, aka pre Black Friday or a major holiday, put registers into training mode and run training checks through, the ribbons go bad faster than you'd think
    • I'm not sure how important it is if the check isn't being printed

from barcode's guide:

• Seemingly Working, but not printing on Checks
    • Before a big day, aka pre Black Friday or a major holiday, put registers into training mode and run training checks through, the ribbons go bad faster than you'd think
Thanks :) you’re always so helpful, for me at least! And I’m not sure how important it is either, I asked a couple of GSAs and our ETL-GE but none of them knew so I’m assuming it’s nothing huge

Thanks :) you’re always so helpful, for me at least! And I’m not sure how important it is either, I asked a couple of GSAs and our ETL-GE but none of them knew so I’m assuming it’s nothing huge
I mean like theoretically someone in HQ or whatever could manually sign in. Whenever it doesn’t print or it prints funny I don’t think much of it. One time the guest asked if they got the check back and I was like ???? Do you know how checks work

Seemingly Working, but not printing on Checks
It's the ribbon; they do dry out after awhile since checks are tendered less & less.
They used to be available on SAP (along with hand scanners, cables, etc).
A quick temporary fix was to remove the ribbon, give it a light spritz with a water bottle & shake off the excess before snapping it back in.

I mean like theoretically someone in HQ or whatever could manually sign in. Whenever it doesn’t print or it prints funny I don’t think much of it. One time the guest asked if they got the check back and I was like ???? Do you know how checks work
Some places run the check, then give it back to you.

Not quite right.... back in I think November right before Black Friday they updated the price match policy which basically left it open ended as to making it right for the guest. We have a guest that come in with the local grocery ad and we price match it for her all the time and often it’ll include 2/4 type deals. It’s pretty much an asanst situation
Really? My store was the opposite—no price matching except to .com

When I first started, I was told we could price match to paper ads for local grocery stores, but that it had to be a specific price listed, not a percent off. Things like a 2/$4 would only be allowed if they were buying the correct quantity, as those deals usually required buying the multiple to get the discount (unlike ours that often say 2/$4 in large font on the sign and then in tiny print $2 each). I've never had anyone actually ask me to do so, though.

Really? My store was the opposite—no price matching except to .com
Well from Black Friday-Christmas the .cok rule took effect but that was just an exception to the policy not an actual policy change. Right around the same time is when they edited the actual policy to leave it open ended but the .com thing still over road the change for a month

Also, a great reason for the GSTL/GSA to circulate and actually interact with every guest.
In an ideal world that’s possible but many times it simply gets too crowded. That’s why cashiers need to be educated and empowered to stop scams. GSTL and ETL GE must partner with AP often for a successful anti scammer store

Also I cannot be the only one who is driven absolutely CRAZY when someone half does a photo order. Bags half then walks away while the rest prints. It is not helpful. Either do it all or nothing because I don’t have time to sort through all the photos figuring out which are part of the half order and which aren’t.

Also I cannot be the only one who is driven absolutely CRAZY when someone half does a photo order. Bags half then walks away while the rest prints. It is not helpful. Either do it all or nothing because I don’t have time to sort through all the photos figuring out which are part of the half order and which aren’t.
Or they leave the old paper and ribbon on the counter that they have changed out instead of putting it in the ESIM bin.

We’ve never had photo at my store, but we’re also only like C volume. Closest thing we have to photo at my store is the crappy Kodak kiosk up by guest services.

I honestly just can't wait until hopefully my store ditches photo it's so annoying
We’ve never had photo at my store, but we’re also only like C volume. Closest thing we have to photo at my store is the crappy Kodak kiosk up by guest services.
Maybe it’s just my store but photo does a lot of business. Guests would be devastated if we ditched it. And sure something breaks every once in a while but as long as you have at least 1-2 TMs who really KNOW photo, it goes well.

Photo is so annoying, the call button is literally always going off and there’s literally a sign that says it closes at 9 so when 9 hits and the computer shuts off and I cant get a pricing label for someone’s pictures that they printed at 10:00 so I tell them to come back tomorrow and they yell at me I don’t even know where I’m going with this but I hate photo and I hope they get rid of it

Had a guest attempt to return a sheet set he received as a gift. I asked if he had a gift receipt. He hands a print-out of the target.com order confirmation email (not an opu order email with has an order number I could actually use to return it). I told him unfortunately I can’t do anything with that. He says what are you talking about there’s the order number look it up in your system. I say it was bought at target.com not in the store so again, no “system” to look it up in. But! I can give you store credit with your ID. He is pissed and throws his ID at me. Whatever. He holds his hand out for his id back and I toss it on the counter (my sly way to be petty back). Hand him a merch card. See him walk to my GSTL and ask if he can use the merch card online. GSTL says no, in-store only. Guy comes back and yells at me some more for “not telling him he couldn’t use the gift card online.” I say sir I literally told you I was giving store credit I couldn’t have been clearer. You do not have a receipt you are welcome I gave you anything at all back for those sheets. Have a good day. Guy storms off :rolleyes:

Photo is so annoying, the call button is literally always going off and there’s literally a sign that says it closes at 9 so when 9 hits and the computer shuts off and I cant get a pricing label for someone’s pictures that they printed at 10:00 so I tell them to come back tomorrow and they yell at me I don’t even know where I’m going with this but I hate photo and I hope they get rid of it
You can print a pricing label after the kiosk turns off? You should NEVER turn off apex otherwise orders won’t come through

Back