Service & Engagement Can I speak to a manager?: A front end thread

what is our price match policy? can we match an add that has something listed as x for y? Like, 2 for 4? I denied a price match because my GSA told me that was what our policy was, but a team member from another store said that her store would honor it. Am I wrong or has my store been misreading the price match policy this whole time?
Your GSA was correct. We only price match items with a listed price, and not 2 for 4. Also we only match sale or regular prices ( no clearence or special markdowns). And most importantly the item must be instock at the time of the price match.

Your GSA was correct. We only price match items with a listed price, and not 2 for 4. Also we only match sale or regular prices ( no clearence or special markdowns). And most importantly the item must be instock at the time of the price match.
Not quite right.... back in I think November right before Black Friday they updated the price match policy which basically left it open ended as to making it right for the guest. We have a guest that come in with the local grocery ad and we price match it for her all the time and often it’ll include 2/4 type deals. It’s pretty much an asanst situation

Not quite right.... back in I think November right before Black Friday they updated the price match policy which basically left it open ended as to making it right for the guest. We have a guest that come in with the local grocery ad and we price match it for her all the time and often it’ll include 2/4 type deals. It’s pretty much an asanst situation
I mean most of our policies are store discretion. The policies are just there to fall back on and show a guest if they question us

SCO should add prompts with emojis like

bmQqnzK.png
AIRBEDS
bmQqnzK.png
ARE
bmQqnzK.png
EXCHANGE
bmQqnzK.png
ONLY
bmQqnzK.png
NO
bmQqnzK.png
REFUNDS
bmQqnzK.png
DEAL
bmQqnzK.png
WITH
bmQqnzK.png
IT
bmQqnzK.png

I guess my store is still just a hard ass about it.

Guest: I want to return this open air bed

Me: sorry according to our policy you have to exchange it

Guest: I WANT A MANAGER

Manager: yeah no it’s in our policy

Guest: no one reads that!!

Like ok SUSAN i don’t care if no one reads it it’s still our policy maybe you should start reading it
But no one reads it... or the receipts, according to my experience.

20F032DC-6A16-43CF-B431-0D57A627C5DE.jpeg So yesterday this started popping up. I’m guessing that getting cash back when using your cartwheel barcode (if linked to your debit red card) is about to launch.

Funny thing is no one who has gotten this message wanted cash back.

View attachment 5447 So yesterday this started popping up. I’m guessing that getting cash back when using your cartwheel barcode (if linked to your debit red card) is about to launch.

Report it to the SCO team (find their email in the what’s new section in store mode).

View attachment 5447 So yesterday this started popping up. I’m guessing that getting cash back when using your cartwheel barcode (if linked to your debit red card) is about to launch.

Yeah, I got this, too. Same deal. It was very odd.

When someone is doing a return and they try to use their receipt, but it turns out their receipt is expired so you have to use their ID and the system is giving them back less than they paid on the receipt, do you honor the price on the receipt?
One on hand, I don’t want to because their receipt is expired and therefore invalid and shouldn’t mean anything towards a return, hence it having an expiration date. But on the other hand, if the reason they’re getting back less is because without a receipt there’s no proof of what they even paid, shouldn’t there be an exception? I never know which is best practice in this situation

It's been a while since I've had a return like that, but at that time the system did not allow me to adjust the price upward. I don't believe that even the GSTL was able to override. It's possible that POS has been changed to allow it now.

Well if the receipt is expired, I typically don't give them the option of a no-recipt return. I just tell them they are past their window of return and I'll try to see if it'll work. 9/10 it doesn't so I just end the transaction with "I'm so sorry". If it does work and the price is lower, I tell them that the price is lower since the return window has been closed. So do they want the return price as is or take the merchandise back?

The system does allow it. You press K1, type in the new amount then a weird screen that pops up that says “TO CONTINUE PRESS NO” and the only options are K1 (yes) and K3 (no) and when you press K3 the amount changes.

When someone is doing a return and they try to use their receipt, but it turns out their receipt is expired so you have to use their ID and the system is giving them back less than they paid on the receipt, do you honor the price on the receipt?
One on hand, I don’t want to because their receipt is expired and therefore invalid and shouldn’t mean anything towards a return, hence it having an expiration date. But on the other hand, if the reason they’re getting back less is because without a receipt there’s no proof of what they even paid, shouldn’t there be an exception? I never know which is best practice in this situation
At my store we will make it right for them and override it to the price on the receipt since it’s considered “proof of purchase”

Well if the receipt is expired, I typically don't give them the option of a no-recipt return. I just tell them they are past their window of return and I'll try to see if it'll work. 9/10 it doesn't so I just end the transaction with "I'm so sorry". If it does work and the price is lower, I tell them that the price is lower since the return window has been closed. So do they want the return price as is or take the merchandise back?
Huh. I like to try and make it right for them and always offer a no receipt return since they could have just not shown me a receipt in the first place if they knew it was expired. They get a merch card so the money comes back into the store anyway and they don’t have to be stuck with stuff they don’t want

Last edited:
Depends on the difference. Like ok if it’s $5 and the receipt was from last week fine. But $50 from 5 months ago no.

Me: alright so I’m gonna give you $x in cash
Guest: I can’t get it back on my card
Me: noo you paid with cash so that’s the only way I can give it back to you
Guest: no I paid debit
Me: *points to receipt* you paid cash
Guest: yes.... debit
Me: that’s not the same thing
16CFD333-3C6E-4B54-B69F-783C43307754.jpeg

Anyone know about troubleshooting the check printer? We take a lot of checks for redcard payments down at GS but the machine isn’t printing on the checks. It’s still accepting them so it’s not really a huge deal but I would prefer if the checks were printed on. I called CSC and they were no help, tried opening it up to potentially mess with it but I didn’t wanna break it.

Back