MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Has anyone set the Ghoul display endcap?

Did you put a base deck + pegboard, or did you not put anything? According to the VMG the display goes on the floor, but I just want to see what others did

No base deck or pegboard. The Ghoul sits on top of the Black shipper box thing, which sits on the floor. The coffin thing zip ties to the end of the gondola flush with the top of the black shipper box.

Our mini seasonal is already set and ready to be tied and stocked as we receive product. It wasnt scheduled to until this week. Like I’m scheduled Tuesday for it but it’ll probably just be a push and fill day. Or they’ll have us get ahead and set seasonal too. The only thing pending for our mini is the bat I’ll build Monday 🙌🏼

Has anyone ever had a signing pallet be out for delivery for over a week while other signing for the same week was delivered? We never got our seasonal ISM for Halloween and the pallet has been out for delivery since last Monday (while another pallet got delivered the same day)

Has anyone ever had a signing pallet be out for delivery for over a week while other signing for the same week was delivered? We never got our seasonal ISM for Halloween and the pallet has been out for delivery since last Monday (while another pallet got delivered the same day)

It may have gone to the wrong store.
I would call the other store before sending it back so they would know why it was taking so long but most stores aren't going to bother.
You can also hope that it goes to a store where they do go to the trouble of sending it back.

It may have gone to the wrong store.
I would call the other store before sending it back so they would know why it was taking so long but most stores aren't going to bother.
You can also hope that it goes to a store where they do go to the trouble of sending it back.
We did try reaching out to the other stores near us but sadly no one had received that one pallet we are missing (which contained all seasonal, home, food, ulta, archway cartons etc), we did receive signing for another store on the pallet we did receive with some signing meant for our store on it, but they sadly didn’t get it either. Wonder if the pallet is just lost forever

An 8 foot Target costume POG. People are stupid.
Talk about shameless self-promotion - Target selling Target-themed costumes. Although, yes, I can agree that the dog is sort of cute. But a shopping basket as a costume (or is it a cart?) and smaller baskets for holding treats? I think it's a little on the tacky side. Maybe I'll have to change my tune if they sell well.

Are other stores getting their signing pallets late? Did my OTC end caps before the ISM arrived because that's when I was scheduled and we didn't have a truck that day. They looked sort of stupid and bare, but I was able to do a quick makeover a few days later once it arrived. Well, I'm still missing the stuff for one end cap but at least it's full of product.
It's going to a repeat with the Personal Care end caps. Hope Target gets their act together because this is a pain. I don't mind the makeover so much as I worry that someone else will do a schleppy job with it or just toss it out altogether. Both have happened recently.

Anyone notice seasonal sets on 10/20? That's gotta be a first? So does that mean stores will start setting Christmas on 10/14?🤣

They did something similar last year. Rear Christmas sets over two weeks. 10/20 will be trees and decorations (which people buy early) with 10/27 being wrap/gifting (which people buy last).

Costumes are usually wiped out by then so it won't be too difficult to condense. Also the company is really moving away from setting seasonal areas early.

My SD wants me to be putting out the yellow ptp labels on POGs transitioning in six weeks so i put them out in the empty Halloween aisles setting to xmas on 10/20 and laughed to myself.

Ok, who at HQ missed the Christmas debacle of a few years ago where (after the fact) we decided putting Wenger tables flat on the floor with no legs was A BAD IDEA!?? Seriously, ffs.

They could have easily designed ISM--like a floor cling--that could stick directly to the floor creating the appearance of a stage without the tripping hazard.

Do better, HQ.

Ok, who at HQ missed the Christmas debacle of a few years ago where (after the fact) we decided putting Wenger tables flat on the floor with no legs was A BAD IDEA!?? Seriously, ffs.

They could have easily designed ISM--like a floor cling--that could stick directly to the floor creating the appearance of a stage without the tripping hazard.

Do better, HQ.

Thought the same thing. It doesn't matter how you align the t-frames there will still be a trip hazard.

The blank clearance label that is supposed to be added next to the POG label six weeks before transition. It was quietly added into Pre transition best practice a few months ago. I think PTP will be Octobers best practice focus so maybe it will be changed again.
How are you printing these? Does it have the POG # on it like the old days of "PTM"ing? Or is it literally just a blank clearance label?

Then how do you know which POGs are PTM?

How are you printing these? Does it have the POG # on it like the old days of "PTM"ing? Or is it literally just a blank clearance label?

Then how do you know which POGs are PTM?

Best practice has a blank label but I've been including the date the pog discontinues on mine.

Best practice has a blank label but I've been including the date the pog discontinues on mine.

This seems like an unnecessary Best Practice to have when that information is available in MyDay when you scan the POG header. I'm also amazed my SD didn't make us start doing this whenever it was rolled out- she's usually a stickler for following BP. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I love that almost all of xmas pogs are already available for pretie, like should I be worried we are going to get transition 4 weeks before the set? Haha....

I looked at them and saw inline backer paper is back so hopefully my store doesn't set pegs early without having the backer...

I love that almost all of xmas pogs are already available for pretie, like should I be worried we are going to get transition 4 weeks before the set? Haha....

I looked at them and saw inline backer paper is back so hopefully my store doesn't set pegs early without having the backer...

The pick labels has been ass lately. We would pre-tie on time, sometimes earlier and our freight still don't have locations in them.

Back