MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

So "big" visit today. They said going forward we will not be able to set early. Specifically seasonal items. For seas/mini nothing will be condensed it will stay in it's home till salvage. If it's empty and the backroom transition is over flowing so be it but do not set it before the set week.

"
Frankly my dear I don't give a $#@&"

Last edited:
They said going forward we will not be able to set early. Specifically seasonal items. For seas/mini nothing will be condensed it will stay in it's home till salvage. If it's empty and the backroom transition is over flowing so be it but do not set it before the set week.
Like this is going to make guests happy? When I'm in guest mode, I like when all the seasonal merch has been condensed - makes it easier to shop what's left. And the ones who want to get a jump on whatever's coming in new can do that.

So "big" visit today. They said going forward we will not be able to set early. Specifically seasonal items. For seas/mini nothing will be condensed it will stay in it's home till salvage. If it's empty and the backroom transition is over flowing so be it but do not set it before the set week.

"
we are planning on setting miniseasonal Sunday.

For seas/mini nothing will be condensed it will stay in it's home till salvage. If it's empty and the backroom transition is over flowing so be it but do not set it before the set week.
oh, that explains why the BTS is so empty. They've put the black Halloween paper backdrops up in some spots (or whatever you call it, I don't do signing) but only a spot or two has Halloween candy yet

"

We been told this since a year and a half ago. We still set on time but it sucks.

Did the Cough & Cold revision today and the POG design doesn't seen to be getting any better. Added facings on at least 3 shelves. Not adding facings would have meant product popping out of the shelf pushers. Maybe there are ISM pieces coming, but they'd have to be pretty small.
All the top shelves, mostly cough drops, didn't even have new shelf strips. Those labels printed when I did the "price change & peg labels" print. Looked through my trash, thinking I must have thrown away the strip for the top shelf of the first section, then realized what was going on. The cough drops used to be on pegs but they haven't been for a while. Stuck the labels to blank strips from the last page of strips so it looks okay but what a bother.

Target online had Halloween items posted on the front page. This was a week or so ago.

There's one for "Fright Night Faves" right now. :rolleyes:

If they don't want it set, then don't send all the product so early. Or start the clearance process sooner, or have deeper markdowns sooner. :rolleyes:

Did the Cough & Cold revision today and the POG design doesn't seen to be getting any better. Added facings on at least 3 shelves. Not adding facings would have meant product popping out of the shelf pushers. Maybe there are ISM pieces coming, but they'd have to be pretty small.
All the top shelves, mostly cough drops, didn't even have new shelf strips. Those labels printed when I did the "price change & peg labels" print. Looked through my trash, thinking I must have thrown away the strip for the top shelf of the first section, then realized what was going on. The cough drops used to be on pegs but they haven't been for a while. Stuck the labels to blank strips from the last page of strips so it looks okay but what a bother.
Good to know! Thanks for posting that!

John Candy No GIF by Laff

Back