MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

The toy clearance had better go salvage, like, tomorrow. We usually condense what remains of the pool aisles and merchandise toy clearance there, but someone, somewhere above the store is nopeing that for us this time around and insisting we only use endcaps. You know, the toy endcaps that we also have to set this week.
:rolleyes:

The toy clearance had better go salvage, like, tomorrow. We usually condense what remains of the pool aisles and merchandise toy clearance there, but someone, somewhere above the store is nopeing that for us this time around and insisting we only use endcaps. You know, the toy endcaps that we also have to set this week.
clearance and salvage timing has been really off this year. I'm not sure if this is part of some coordinated strategy, or just the way the cookie has crumbled. But it doesn't seem healthy for the bottom line.

Luckily for us, our aisles are pretty light and empty. We don’t have a lot of clearance so what we do have should fit an endcap or two.

We just have so much transition product to push. Guests have already started asking for the marvel legends and target themed toys. We start our sets tomorrow.

We sold through or cleared out all our odl. Our vtech aisle is calling for two sections full of pegs just for the tonies. Super fun. They were never zoned when they were on an endcap so I’m predicting the same for the aisle lol

We sold through or cleared out all our odl. Our vtech aisle is calling for two sections full of pegs just for the tonies. Super fun. They were never zoned when they were on an endcap so I’m predicting the same for the aisle lol
My thought exactly🤣 Just waiting to see that section the week before Christmas....😫

Dear Corporate, doing a major toy transition while school is out for the summer is not such a great idea. The adult kids (the collectors) are bad enough without having to set and push all of that with aisles full of kids and parents as well. I'm in their way and they are in mine.
Dear Corporate, would it be a crime if the transition merchandise did not show as available in the app until the aisle was tied?

Our Etl said they forgot everything drops on Sundays. They said next time we’ll try flexing in its future location within the aisle and backstocking. If it’s as light and empty as it was this year because our toy aisles are pretty empty due to the clearance. It’s crazy how many times we’ve been asked for those items

I’m curious to know how the drop works and why it does for some items but not others. The marvel legends went available for opu but some of the target toys still aren’t

Because of the infs we’re tackling the action figure aisles. I’ll be relieve just to finally get it done and everything out. We learned that the pallets aren’t really striped or organized yesterday so that part kinda sucks.

Ours went salvage today.

Also, the designers of the action figure POGs--if indeed they are actual humans--need to get into rehab already. Just because objects appear to fluctuate in size while you're tripping balls doesn't mean a 20-inch-wide box will gracefully retract itself into a 3-inch-wide facing when a store TM places it there.

Last edited:
Back