Change in store hours

So I found out today Target Circle Week July 7th to the 13th we are opening at 7am instead of 8. Fine. Then we are told it is new permanent opening time. I asked why and was told it’s all about competition. Apparently, without naming Walmart, it has to be Walmart. In my area they dropped being open 24 hours and open at 6. It doesn’t affect me because I am a style dbo and work 4 to 9 am. They will have to schedule cashiers and guest service and more people for fulfillment. I think the store will be dead but I can see du and opu picking up. Also 11 stores in my district and none of them currently open at 7. I’m being told it is all stores but don’t really know or care honestly. Someone in corporate thinks we can make some money. We shall see.

They tried this at my store years ago by staying open later to catch the working folks.
After a couple years of abysmal sales they rolled it back, realizing they were spending more on payroll without the sales dollars to justify it.

Does this also mean the store will be open to 11:00 PM that week for now on afterwards?

We haven't been open that late since before COVID.

Our store did that last Fall for Circle Week and no one was even told until the new schedule came out.

My store has never opened at 7:00 AM except around the Holidays in the past.

Last edited:
Does this also mean the store will be open to 11:00 PM that week for now on afterwards?

We haven't been open that late since before COVID.

Our store did that last Fall for Circle Week and no one was even told until the new schedule came out.

My store has never opened at 7:00 AM except around the Holidays in the past.
No 7 to 10 instead of 8 to 10

First I'm hearing about it. Can't imagine it'll be busy - we don't get a lot of traffic even opening at 8 except for around Christmas when it moves up to 7. I work in the OTC/Personal Care areas and traffic picks up some when the Pharmacy opens at 9, but the rest of the store isn't exactly bustling yet.

Back